Welcome

Welcome to the Adventure Network blog. This site is intended so that people can share their adventures, big or small, with other like-minded people.



It is my intention to post topics on this site in order to provide people with ideas and inspiration to plan and undertake their own adventures.



I'm rather new at this so please bear with me. I hope you enjoy the site.



Saturday 28 May 2011

Joe Brown - The Hard Year's

I have just finished reading Joe Brown's captivating autobiography 'The Hard Year's'. Published in 1967 by Victor Gollancz Ltd, London. The book takes you through an interesting journey from Joe's early climbing exploits on Peak District Gritstone and Welsh Slate to motorcycle road trips to climb in the Alps and full scale expeditions in the Himalyas.


The book is full of interesting stories of climbing exploits with equally interesting characters with whom he climbed. Including, the great Don Whillans.

Whilst I'm sure the original book is now almost certainly out of print, and a rare find in even the best of second hand bookshops, I managed to get a well read copy from the library. However, if I do come across one for sale somewhere then it will certainly gain a place on my bookshelf!

A short magazine article about Joe can be read at: http://www.climber.co.uk/categories/articleitem.asp?cate=1&topic=65&item=90

No comments:

Post a Comment